Thursday, November 29, 2012

A little story...who do you want to be when you grow up?

So, do you ever have that feeling that the universe is helping you out?  The correct path seems very clear and things just keep happening to support it?  I have been having that feeling a lot lately.  I could go on forever about it, but for today, just a little story about a lady I met.

I met Carlyn at the Incarnation Fair.  She bought the caged amethyst that is highlighted on my FB page. (Love it.)  She also bought some earrings.  I had put out a sign that if anyone bought $35 or more, they got free earrings.  Well, it became clear early on that most people were not going to spend that much, and I forgot about it.  I realized when I got home on Sunday that Carlyn had paid $50 and she had not received any free earrings.  By luck (or something else?) she paid  by check and I had her name and phone number.  I called her up and told her I owed her some earrings.  She requested something in a sapphire color. I got to work and make a couple pairs for her to choose from.  She also mentioned that she had some jewelry that needed fixing.  I said I would give it a try.

I met her today at Starbucks.  I could not really remember her from the fair, as there were a lot of people.  She is an older gal, in her 70's I would guess.  She was extremely well put together and had on a flattering purple sweater with lovely matching necklaces that were very fashionable.  She had sparkly purple earrings.  Her hair was nicely done and she had a cute purse.  She did not walk like many older people I see.  She walked very confidently, with a straight back and ease in her step.  She was friendly and warm and we had a nice time chatting and discussing her jewelry to fix.  Carlyn is someone who is very sure of herself and a pleasure to be around.  She exudes class, intelligence and positive energy.  I thought, I want to be this lady when I am in my 70's. 

I think in a way the universe was rewarding me for taking that step to make sure that Carlyn got the earrings that I promised.  I got to meet a wonderful lady, enjoy working on her jewelry and possibly have further positive connections from my interaction with her. 

That's what I call Karma.  Think of someone who just impresses the heck out of you.  Be like that person today! 

Sarah

The earrings I made for Carlyn-






No comments:

Post a Comment