Monday, December 3, 2012

First home party, first open house!

Wow, what an amazing weekend!

I guess this was my "stepping out" weekend.  My dear friend, Natascha, hosted a party for me on Saturday night at her house.  A nice group of very sweet gals came over and we had a lot of fun, chatting and drinking some lovely wine.  We didn't even get around to the jewelry part of things until about 1 1/2 hours into it.  I had a couple glasses of wine by then, so my "presentation" was probably not the best.  They were super sweet though and very complimentary. I sold some really nice pieces that I personally love.  Now I need to make more!!  I liked that it was really intimate and cozy.  I got some great tips from Casey, who also makes jewelry, about locations to sell.

Sunday was a whirlwind between church, sitting in part of a business referral meeting at church (I met a cool glass artist..love her work!) and prepping the house with holiday decorations and setting up all my stuff.  Some was gone, so I had put together my "red book" with photos of all my pieces I had made.  I call it the red book because it's bright red.  Ha.  I do need some serious help with my photography though.  Its so hard to get jewelry looking its best on film!  I know next to nothing about how light works with the photos, staging, etc.  My friend Wende might hook me up with her beau, Bill, who is a pro.  It's definitely an area which needs improvement!

Sunday open house was really fun.  I had a lot of visitors who came, chatted, drank, ate suuuuper yummy PB chocolate balls (yes, chocolate salty balls) and brownies.  I felt like I was going to pass out without some real food after a while.  Most people liked something and made a purchase, or ordered something from the Red Book, so the photos were helpful after all.  I have never had so many custom orders to fill so I am really excited to make people happy with their requests.  Supply was a bit skimpy towards the end, so that is a good sign!  But I do need a breather to build up more stock. 

This Friday, I will be at the Jungle Gym and Cafe from about 1 pm to 6 pm. It is located in Santee, at 8711 N. Magnolia, Suite 300.  They are having a Christmas craft fair.  Kids play for half price, $5.50.  It is a cool place with a different spin on indoor play places.  It has more of a fitness aspect to it with classes for both kids and adults, open space for net games, scooters, air hockey etc.  I am going to be focusing on producing some more girls' items this week such as wee dangly earrings, hair clips, fun head bands, and maybe some necklace/bracelets if I can figure out how to make them kid proof! 

So, now that I have done my open house, I want to update with photos of the new stuff. I am having some technical difficulties with posting the photos now, so I will do it when I can.

Thanks for reading and  for your support.  Happy Holidays!!

Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment